Caribbean Food Delights (CFD), a privately owned & operated company, is the leading manufacturer of Jamaican Style Patties: beef, chicken and vegetable. This state-of -the-art facility is SQF certified. We are looking for/seeking a motivated, trustworthy and ethical Controller with a solid accounting background to lead and oversee the overall accounting/finance operation of this company and its affiliates and continue the strong and constructive working relationship with the audit partner by engaging in honest open dialog regarding internal issues. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department so as to achieve the department’s goals and objectives; supervise accounting personnel.
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and procedures; maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Manage debt and bank financing for future expansion borrowings with applicable bank reporting requirements.
- Administer the 401(k) plan and be responsible for the transmittal of weekly 401(K) plan contributions, year-end reporting, 3% safe harbor calculations/annual contribution, 401(k) loans, annual plan review, etc.
- Participate in the team effort for new production line purchase and office construction; act as NYS Grant Liaison.
- Handle insurance policy annual renewals – general liability, workers compensation, umbrella, auto, property, etc.; maintain appropriate coverages/cost containment, etc; file claims and provide required paperwork.
- Participate in the administration of health insurance benefits and annual renewals, review plan costs and make recommendations.
- Maintain a solid, professional relationship with current bank institution representatives; prepare quarterly and annual reports and GL reviews for bank reporting.
- Manage cash flow for CFD and affiliate companies, on a daily basis; manage AP for weekly check runs to determine payouts; download weekly Positive Pay report for transmittal to Cash Pro; ensure timely accounts receivable collections.
- Provide financial guidance and data to other departments on an on-going basis.
- Recommend and manage the purchase of contracts for important/necessary key items, on behalf of the company.
- Assist with the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) negotiations with company attorney and union representatives.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of the company’s operations.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts; calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to owners.
- Provide financial analyses as needed in particular capital investment pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Participate in any special projects and compile any special reports.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions that are in the best interest of the company.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, associates and others in a courteous and professional manner; ensure that principals are kept apprised.
- Attend management and other meetings.
- Perform any other related duties for Caribbean Food Delights and other related companies as assigned and unilaterally determined by CFD.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent
Minimum 7-10 years related experience; experience in manufacturing a plus
Proficient in Excel, Sage and other accounting software
Strong leadership and managerial abilities; solid technical accounting abilities; experience with financial reporting
Strong math, analytical and data entry skills
Good communication (verbal, writing, listening) skills
Composed, polished and present a professional manner
We offer competitive pay + benefits. EOE; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their “disability” or “protected veteran status.” Please fax resume to: 845-398-3001 or e-mail to: email@example.com. No phone calls, no relocation offer.