2016, Volume 10
2015, Volume 9
2014, Volume 8
2013, Volume 7
2012, Volume 6
2011, Volume 5
2010, Volume 4
2009, Volume 3
2008, Volume 2
2007, Volume 1
1 Loaf Royal Caribbean Bakery Coco Bread
1 Chicken Breast, Boneless
2 slices of Swiss Cheese
3 Slices of Tomatoes
1/4 cup Sauteed Onions
1Tbsp Ranch Dressing
1/4 tsp Jerk Seasoning
1. Marinate chicken breast in jerk seasoning.
2. Grill or bake jerk chicken breast at 350°F for 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
3. Sautee onions.
4. Layer jerk chicken breast, swiss cheese, tomatoes, sauteed onions and ranch dressing on cocobread.
5. Press in panini press or on grill.
Jerk Turkey Breast
1/2 Cup Kosher Salt
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
8 Cups Chicken Stock
1 1/2 tsp Black Peppercorns
1 tsp Allspice Berries
1/2 tsp Ginger, Grated
1/2 Onion, Sliced
1 Cinnamon Stick
1/2 Cup Water
2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
1/2 tsp Ground Sage
4 Cups Ice Water
3 Tbsp Jerk Seasoning
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
6 Cloves Garlic, Minced
7 Lb Turkey Breast
Boil brine ingredients, except ice water in large pot, cool. Brine thawed, turkey breast (breast side down) with ice water overnight in refrigerator. Discard brine and marinate turkey breast in jerk seasoning, soy sauce and garlic. Preheat oven to 450°F. Roast turkey breast, breast side up, for 30 minutes, then set oven to 350°F. Cover with foil. Roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until internal temperature is 165°F.
4 pounds of turkey legs or thighs
2 bunches of cilantro
1 large onion
1 whole garlic
2 negro chili pods
8 cascabel/guajillo chili pods
8 tbsp chicken flavor boullion
salt to taste
1. Cut potatoes into halves and carrots into three big pieces, set aside.
2. In a pot add half of the onion, six garlic cloves, turkey, half bunch of cilantro and chicken flavor boullion.
Add enough water to cover ingredients. Add salt to taste and boil for 30 minutes.
3. In a separate pan roast tomatoes, add chili pods (seeds removed), remainder of onions and garlic.
4. Once roasted combine with remaining cilantro.
5. Once turkey is soft, add roasted tomato sauce, carrots and potatoes. Stir until sauce is fully incorporated into turkey stock.
6. Boil for 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Photo from telugusirulurecipes.blogspot.com.
250g paneer, cubed
3 big bunches spinach leaves, blanched, pureed
1½-2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 onions finely chopped
2 green chilies, cut lengthwise
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
2 big juicy tomatoes, blanched, peeled and pureed
1 cup water (use blanched spinach water)
Salt to taste
½ tsp garam masala powder
1 tbsp malai (heavy cream)
¼ tsp dried fenugreek leaves (optional)
1. Blanch spinach in hot water for 2 minutes, puree and keep aside.
2. Melt ghee in heavy bottomed vessel. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Add onions and green chili. Sauté until light brown. Do not burn them.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and fry further for 3 minutes. Add red chili powder and coriander powder. Combine well.
4. Add tomato paste. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
5. Add the spinach puree. Cook further for 5 minutes.
6. Combine paneer cubes (may also lightly fry before adding). Cook covered on low heat for 3 minutes.
7. Add the spinach water, salt to taste and cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
8. Add malai, garam masala powder and kasuri methi. Mix well.
9. Reduce flame, simmer for 2 minutes.
Serve hot with naan, roti or steamed basmati rice.
Photo from askthepinoy.blogspot.com.
1 lb pancit bihon (Rice Noodles)
1/2 lb pork, boiled cut into small thin slices
1/2 lb chicken, cooked, de-boned, and cut into thin slices
1/8 lb peapods or snow pea
1 cup carrot
1/2 small cabbage, chopped
1 cup celery leaves, chopped finely
1 medium sized onion, chopped
1/2 tbsp garlic, minced
1 pc chicken cube
5 tbsp soy sauce
3 to 4 cups water
1. In a large pot, saute the garlic and onion.
2. Add the pork and chicken then let cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken cube and water then simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Put in the carrots, peapods, cabbage, and celery leaves and simmer for a few minutes.
5. Remove all the ingredients in the pot except for the liquid and set them aside.
6. In the pot with the liquid, add the soy sauce and mix well.
7. Add the pancit bihon (makes sure to first soak it in water for about 10 minutes) and mix well. Cook until liquid evaporates completely.
8. Put in the vegetables and meat that were previously cooked and simmer for a minute or two.
9. Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings: 8
1 lb ground beef & chicken
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup chopped scallions
1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme
2 pimento peppers, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp chopped celery
1/2 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and chopped
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup tomato sauce
4 tbsp capers, chopped
3 tbsp stuffed olives, sliced
1/4 cup raisins
2 tbsp fresh thyme
2 cups yellow cornmeal, fine
1/2 cup butter
3 cups water, warm
Combine beef with chicken. Add salt and black pepper. Add 1/4 cup chopped scallions and one tbsp thyme. In a large saute pan heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic. Saute until fragrant. Add pimento peppers, scallions, pepper and thyme. Add meat and cook until brown. Add tomato sauce, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add raisins, capers and olives and stir to combine. Cook for about five minutes more. Add two tbsp fresh thyme and stir to combine. Remove from heat and cool.
Mix cornmeal, salt, butter and water in a pan. Cook over medium heat until thickens and forms a dough. Rest dough for 30 minutes in refrigerator. Divide dough into 12 balls and drop in oil. Brush oil on banana leaf. Place dough ball on leaf and flatten. Enclose 2 tbsp of filling in dough. Wrap banana leaf around pastelle. Tie with string. Steam or boil for 45 minutes.
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp sour cream
3 cups all-purpose flour, plus some extra for dusting and to adjust dough as needed
1 large onion, chopped
2 tbsp butter
4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
3 tbsp butter
1/4 cup half-and-half
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 egg + 1 tbsp milk
1. Whisk eggs, water, sour cream together.
2. Mound flour on flat surface. Create a well or crater in mound. Fill crater with egg mixture. Gently mix flour with the egg mixture within the crater.
3. Repeat steps 2 until well combined. If dough is too dry add milk or water to moisten. If it is too wet add small amounts of flour until you get the right consistency.
4. Knead dough for 400 strokes or until smooth.
5. Wrap in plastic and rest for 30 minutes.
6. Boil pototoes until tender for about 15 minutes, drain.
7. Saute onions with 2 tbsp butter in a pan.
8. Mash pototoes and mix with onions, 3 tbsp butter, half-and-half, salt and pepper to taste.
9. Divide dough into thirds. Roll dough to 1/16th of an inch thick. Cut into 3 inch circles.
10. Place mashed potato in center of circle. Fold dough to make half moons. Seal with an egg wash (one egg whisked with tbsp milk) and press edges with a fork.
11. Boil pierogies for 2-3 minutes. Serve with fried onions and sour cream.
117 Route 303, Suite B • Tappan, NY 10983 • Tel: 845.398.3000 • Fax: 845.398.3001 • Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Copyright © 2014-2017 Caribbean Food Delights. All Rights Reserved.